Sunday, April 24, 2005

A conscious effort in translating Tong Hua :

I've forgotten how long it has been
Since you've retold your favourite story
Pondering over it, I'm starting to worry
Have I done something wrong again?

You told me with tears in your eyes
Fairytales are nothing but lies
I can never be your Prince
Perhaps you'll never know
The moment you said you loved me
The stars shone brightly in my sky.

As in the fairytale, I hope to be the angel that you love
Spreading my arms, turning them into wings to protect you.
You must believe that we will be like those in the fairytales
Bliss and happiness are our endings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ballads.
Soppy Ballads.
Soppy Ballads with saccharine cliches.
Always bring tears to my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home