Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ditties at 4am

It's 4am and I'm wide awake. Caffeine intoxication. Amalgamation of melodies and acrid, piquant lyrics come to mind. Here's my list of musical nonpareil:

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Oh simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you're gonna let me in? I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin....And if you have a minute, why don't we go talk about it somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything, so why don't we go somewhere only we know?

Ryan Cabrera - True
You might think I don't look, but deep inside, in the corner of my mind, I'm attached to you.I'm weak,it's true. Cause I'm afraid to know the answer.Do you want me too?Cause my heart keeps falling faster.
I've waited all my life to cross this line to the only thing that's true. So I will not hide, it's time to try anything to be be with you. All my life I've waited, this is true.

Howie Day - Collide
I'm quiet, you know. You make a first impression. I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind. Even the best falls down sometimes. Even the stars refuse to shine. Out of the back you fall in time. I somehow find you and I collide.....(not to mention the infectious "doo doo doo doo dooo, doo doo doo doo doo")

Lifehouse - We'll Never Know
Tell all the dreams you've let slip right through your hands. Do you feel lost inside of someone else's life?......Failure is the only way to learn till you've come undone.The rest will never find out what they might have been. And we're not going to live forever. Can you tell me is it now or never? I'm not gonna make up your mind. I don't wanna live without you. And I don't wanna live a lie. We'll never know till we try. Yeah, we;ll never know till we try...

Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's home to me and I walk alone....My shadow's the only one that walks beside me. My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating. Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me. Till then, I walk alone....

Nirvana - All Apologies
What else should I be? All apologies. What else should I say? Everyone is gay. What else should I write? I don't have the right. What else should I be? All apologies. In the sun. In the sun, I feel as one. In the sun. In the sun. Married. Buried. I wish I was like you, easily amused. Find my nest of salt. Everything's my fault. I'll take all the blame, aqua seafoam shame. Sunburnt with freezeburn, choking on the ashes of her enemy.....

Mario - Let Me Love You
You should let me love you, let me be the one to give you everything you want and need. Baby, good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way love's supposed to be......

Maroon 5 - If You Only Knew
I wake up. Thoughts of you tattooed in my mind. As I wonder what to wear, what to eat, who to be. Will I see you again? ...If you only knew what I went thru just to get to you. I'm hanging from you and I'll hold on if you want me to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home