Sunday, May 29, 2005

Execute Order Mudpie!

So, I stirred and groaned at 1pm. It was time to wake up after a late night's sleep at 5am. Scrutinizing my battleplan, the plan of the day was to do absolutely nothing in the comfort of my home. Alas, a change of events soon followed. I checked my phone and realised Ka had messaged earlier. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood to go out, but I decided to meet Ka at Suntec anyway and grabbed an outfit which needed no ironing. We combed Mango (disappointing), Novo (no new shoes), Blum (too expensive to justify a weekend splurge - $360 for a casual dress?!! ), Ozoc (too many people), GG5 (overpriced for a local brand - $82 for a skirt at work? Thanks but that price tag isn't justified on a local label. I'd rather get one from Mango instead.), Topshop (they didn't have a new piece in my size - size 6 >.< ), Iora (same old stuff for work), Polo Ralph Lauren (those designs didn't appeal to me).....and so, off we adjourned to Citilink. There, we ambushed Furla (not worth the hefty price tag), VNC (no new shoes), Series (blah), Ig's Heaven (nothing intriguing) and back to M)phosis. By that time, we were pretty miffed. The past five hours of walking had yet to be justified. Then...hey presto! Finally, we swiped our cards at M)phosis.

At this point of time, Dank's message came through. Totally unplanned, we met up at Singtel at the last minute. Inspired by a wave of hunger & thirst, I thought of Gloria Jean's at One Fullerton. Unfortunately, it was a long march AND Gloria Jean's had ceased to exist. I was resigned to our fate and we went to Baker's Inn. Penne with ham & bacon (basically Penne carbonara) and 2 iced teas were my orders, while Dank had something with mushrooms and a Kilkenny draught. Dessert didn't look that palatable and so, I suggested heading back to Suntec for a mudpie at NYDC -beams-

Along the way, BG George Yeo whizzed past us. Unrecognised by the crowd, he was flanked by a few burly men in black suits. Eventually, we arrived at NYDC and Dank had a cappucino float (or so I think) and we shared a tiramisu mudpie (liqueur-layered just for Dank). Dank kept harping on the sinful fats which we had consumed (hello? you are NOT fat!) and his fetish with the ripe old age of thirty. Rhapsodies of "Collide" filled the air to our pleasant surprise.Thereafter, we abandoned plans of hailing a cab from both towers at Suntec. The queue at the taxi stand outside Carrefour was horrific! By a stroke of luck (yes, yes.....and Dank's sharp observation), we chanced upon a taxi stand at the entrance of the Convention Hall. Like Cinderella, I stepped into my house at the stroke of midnight. (read: Urgh! The midnight surchage was applicable!)

I'd like to add that I enjoyed Dank's unexpected company on a Saturday night. It was a fun-filled first meeting. Thanks, Dank! Additionally, apologies for the excessive crapping as Mich was quite worn out by the time we'd met. Compulsive crap's often the side effect of fatigue. Sorry lah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dank said...

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

3:47 PM, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home