Monday, May 09, 2005

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Work I Go

Right now, I'm waiting for the exam papers to arrive. Meanwhile, I've nothing to do. Well, I've something to do -- clear my awfully messy table. Oh well, I'll leave that till term break. Great procrastinator I am, eh?

In the days to come, I sense a mad frenzy. Collation of results by the day after the exam, departmental meetings, meet-the-parents-even-though-I-don't-want-to sessions, entering of marks via the Cockpit system (which always c**ks up, remaining true to its given name indeed.), departmental stock-taking, departmental presentations (which I absolutely hate because the Lady from Hell would never fail to call me the night before D-Day and coo "Can you add another 20/30/any random number slides?".....at 11.30 pm, AFTER we've had our departmental meeting on the very same day from 8am to 5pm.)

My exam papers have yet to reach my desk. Heh. More personal time. P is listening to Norah Jones on her laptop. F is saying that's the main cause of his current drowsiness. Heh. KF has brought oodles of noodles.......macaroni.. *smacks lips* Free Lunch! Ooops. That's how cheapskate educators are. The mantra is "When in school, eat like a fool". Nobody would believe us when we say that educators do not have the time to head for the loo (well,save for rare instances such as this) or the insufficient time allocated for recess. We should be integrated with the army. Most of us are able to wolf down a bowl of soup noodles in less than 5 minutes.

Oh no. I see Number One approaching. Exam scripts trail behind. It's back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home