Sunday, May 15, 2005

Moo Vee

I must mention this.

Ryan Cabrera's CD is SOLD OUT. Well, at least that was the case at Plaza Singapura yesterday. I don't like Plaza Singapura, save for the fact that it's easy to book GV movie tickets through the phone & parking's cheap. Other than that, shopping at PS is a bore.

The final instalment of Star Wars will be out on 19 May. I'd rather watch The Jacket (starring Adrien Brody) but my herd instinct tells me I'll catch both. Kingdom of Heaven was utterly boring, not to mention historically inaccurate. Saladin was the perfect foil though. That kept the movie going, and me awake. Epics of Gladiator/Alexander proportions are perfect lullabies. To get an idea of my inclinations, here's a list:

Serious ( Yawn-inducing to some?) movies:
- The Thin Red Line
- Cast Away (how can you NOT like Tom Hanks?!!!)
- A Beautiful Mind
- The Hours
- The Aviator (really, everyone should stop dismissing Pretty Boy. His acting is superb.)
- The Interpreter
- Ray
- The Jacket
- Hamlet
- Farenheit 9/11
- Pearl Harbour (although disappointingly, it focused more on the romps of Josh Hartnett than the war itself.)

Commercially-tweaked-for-guaranteed-box-office-success movies:
- The Terminal (Tom Hanks yet again!)
- Catch Me If You Can ( The score reads: Leonardo DiCaprio 2, Tom Hanks 3)
- Pirates of the Carribean (Johnny Depp!)
- Oceans' Eleven / Twelve
- Kill Bill 1/2
- Shrek 1/2
- Matrix
- Day After Tomorrow
- Mission Impossible
- Lord of the Rings (I must say that this is one rare fantasy movie that piqued my interest)
- Spiderman
- Hitch (how could you NOT like Will Smith?!!!)
- Independence Day
- Men In Black

Comedies / Toilet Humour:
- Love Actually
- Meet the Parents (Ben Stiller's the Man!)
- White Chicks
- all the Scary Movies

Why-do-movie-studios-bother-with-these Movies:
- Fantasy movies (eg The Adventures of Riddick was nothing short of being senseless)
- Alexander / Gladiator ( don't get me wrong. I like historical movies but somehow, glorifying one man in three hours just seems pompous.)
- All horror movies (there are people out there whose mission in life is to induce fear in us, no doubt)

As mentioned, I've a weakness for movies which intrigue the mind or tug at the heartstrings. I must say that my chips are constantly on movies starring Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn & Will Smith. They're my Pentagon. Adrien Brody's inching his way in gradually.

I can't wait to catch the Jacket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home