Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Riled!

As I'm typing, J's driving me nuts. He's sending text messages about how he's missed being together with me, retracing the routes we used to stroll, gushing about "us" collectively. Not wanting to be nasty, all I could muster is "It's all in the past" when really, "&#(*&@(#@#(@#@!!!" is dancing in my head. I should mention that this "past" has been half a decade ago, back in late 2000/early 2001. I ought to be flattered and of all people, I should be able to empathise with him. Perhaps I do. The irony is that's possibly the reason he's clinging on till now. I haven't had the heart to say "Go away!" into his face. There's little I could do to cushion his hurt if I'd done so. URGH....there goes another message "I hope you haven't forgotten your old love." Actually, I'm fine with people worshipping the ground I trod upon and showering me with expensive gifts. Heh. That doesn't happen to me every single day. However, I'm not any other girl who is mesmerized with a fancy jewel before her eyes. It's the manner in which he conjures an imaginary future that annoys me. I mean, I cannot possibly fathom someone naming our future child/what we'll do on Sundays as a family, etc when we're not even an item to begin with! At least, that has been the way for the last 5 years. I can only hope that he'll fade away eventually. Being the nice person that I am (heh heh heh), the idea of remaining platonic friends is fine with me. URGH. There he goes again. "Do you miss me?" [real answer? "Hell, no!"] What can I say? "Only in the platonic sense."

It's so darn ironic that an assertive person like me can be lost for words at a time like this.
-waves a white flag-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home