Friday, June 17, 2005

... ... Dot Dot Dot ... ...

Fantastic. I've just learnt something new (read: more bad news).

Danny was talking about getting his class 2A license soon. Midway through our conversation, he mentioned that a colour blindness test was essential prior to the commencement of the actual course. Well, I've no problems telling the difference between red, amber and green, thank you very much. I've no qualms separating teal from turquoise or aquamarine either. Colour coordination has never been a problem for me. Well, so what's the problem?

There was a year in primary school when nurses from MOH infested our school for the dreaded annual check-up. During one of the mandatory checks, I was made to stare at a circle of kaleidoscopic dots and identify the number which emerged from that visual exercise. Apparently, I could not do so. The nurse repeated this process with a series of similar dotted cards, all of which I was unable to identify the number within the visual maze. Something must be wrong. True enough, she scribbled the words "red-green deficiency" on my health booklet. A few years later, I recall having to submit a photocopy of that certification for my 'O' Levels (to plead for leniency if I should mix the green precipitates with the red ones? -_- )

I can tell green from red. See, that wasn't very hard, was it? Otherwise, Christmas would be a sad season for me indeed. Imagine singing "rudolph the red...no...green...no...red...urgh..whatever....nosed reindeer...."

My fate is sealed by the catastrophic inability to worm my way through those dots. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. Comfort DelGro ought to issue me a lifetime loyalty reward or membership to that effect since that is effectively a death sentence on any attempt to get a motorised vehicle on the road.

I'm green with envy at the majority of the populace without this handicap.
I'm seeing red at being penalised for my inability to make out a figure amongst those dots!

Meanwhile, I should learn to cycle..... --wry grin--


Note: Forgive the dripping sarcasm. Mich is feeling low at this point of time. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home