Saturday, June 11, 2005

ImprompTWO

Nur rang at 10am while I was strolling in Snoozeland. It was only at 1pm when I finally stirred and returned her call. Hastily, I got ready and rushed to meet her at 3.30pm. Suntec was boring, as always, and after two hours of mindless walking, I got myself two CDs of Travis and Keane. (reminder to self: return Fandy's CD after the holidays.) HMV and Tower Records did not have a single CD of Switchfoot's. Later, we took a random stroll towards Boat Quay via Empress Place.

As she was about to leave, James called and asked me out unexpectedly at 6.45pm. Hopping into his car half an hour later, we drove around Boat Quay before proceeding to Siglap where he changed his mind and we were off to Tampines. As we approached our destination, he decided to make a U-turn and we finally made our way to East Coast. I must add that we were in the car for an hour. Great food awaited us as we tucked into hot plate tofu, chicken, mixed vegetables and chilli crabs. Miraculously, we managed to consume that amount of food. -smacks lips- It was pouring and he sheltered me with his umbrella as we walked a distance to his car. "Romantic, eh?" he jibbed, while I rolled my eyes in mock disdain. We met a friend of mine and she mumbled that James was "really cute". Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt as being firm friends since 1996, nothing beyond platonic friendship could ever evolve. Teasing him mercilessly about my friend's remark, we chatted till 10.30pm. We shared our woes and went for a short spin in his car. At 11.30pm, I was at the carpark near my home. As I got out of the car, he asked if I could continue chatting with him in the car. He was evidently drained from an entire day at work, so I told him to return home and rest instead.

I had started the day with no intention of stepping out of the home. Yet, today was one of the most enjoyable times for me. I need to do this more often. Occasional, impromptu meet-ups are fun! However, the innate control freak within myself will struggle to accept a high frequency of such meetings.

I must reiterate the summary of today's events in two words: "Emotionally gratifying!" James is great company!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home