Saturday, June 11, 2005

Retail Therapy With Vern

Today was indeed physically exhausting and financially draining.

Vern was scheduled to meet me at Orchard MRT at 1pm but she was late. Those critical ten minutes of her pending arrival left me ten dollars poorer as a man approached me with a stack of coupons that contributed to the schooling needs of the less fortunate . Following that, another persistent (albeit good-looking) young chap hounded me for my number, to which I firmly refused to divulge. Boy was I relieved when Vern finally turned up. We had a mission - to abuse our credit cards mercilessly.

Lunch was a quick and simple affair at McDonald's. A few bites of a cheeseburger and sips of a cup of iced lemon tea and we were off! First stop : Forever 21 at Wisma Atria. I must mention that Forever 21 is one of my favourite labels for quirky and zany stuff. The initial euphoria at garnering six tops to be fitted in the changing room soon dwindled to a pout. None of the items were in dire need of being in my possession. Vern bagged a brown skirt and we were off to Scotts Shopping Centre.

At Bysi, my card was swiped happily for the sake of two silk chiffon skirts - mustard and turquoise - a steal at $55 each. I was convinced that was the deal of the day. Soon, I learnt that it was naivete on my part as another mustard skirt caught my eye at Far East Plaza and the cash register chimed merrily. Roaming across the street to Isetan Scotts, a pair of Nine West shoes appealed to me. The initial price was $145 and the current sale price was $101.50. Fortunately, there wasn't a pair in my size. Undeterred, we proceeded to Zara's flagship store across the road. Hesitant to purchase an orange bohemian halter and a stupendously short flared skirt, I walked out of the store empty-handed. Before that, the price tag of a white prairie skirt astounded Vern as she exclaimed, "Wow! $175!" Further ahead, we returned to Wisma Atria and popped over at Topshop which was a complete waste of time. At this moment, Ting arrived at Topshop and we headed to the Heeren.It was 4.30pm. ....

I'm too woozy now to continue. I shall plonk myself on that comfy bed. Mich's Retail Therapy (part 2) will return tomorrow.... 3.15AM Friday June 10, 2005

As promised, here's the continuation of part 2:
At Heeren, we glanced through the numerous racks of clothes. One particularly interesting shop was Kai and Ting was enticed by the ultra short hipster mini that measured approximately 20cm. We found ourselves at URS thereafter and Vern purchased a pair of ballet pumps with diamante straps. Satisfied with our progress, we marched towards the direction of Plaza Singapura where another skirt from Bysi found its new owner, yours truly. Ting hesitated over the purchase of Escada's Sentiment before placing it back on its display shelf. Thereafter, she bade us goodbye and went home at 6.30pm.

Vern suggested a quick meal at the food court while I preferred Cafe Cartel. Eventually, we settled on the food court. Gobbling a bowl of ramen and beef noodles respectively, we pondered on our next stop. The time was approximately 7pm. Our determination to save was dissolved when Vern conveniently flagged a cab and we were off to Bugis. Another Bysi boutique lay in my path and I remained valiantly stoic in my refusal to enter the Land of Evil. Vern was disappointed when she was failed to locate a pair of slippers in her size at Pretty Fit.To console herself,a Bond's camisole was quickly in her possession. The time was now 10pm.

Ending the day with a bang, supper was at Gelare's along Siglap. -burp-

Total damage to the wallet? $260.

We must do this again in December , Vern!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home