Thursday, October 27, 2005

Gastroenteritis - My 2-Day-Old Nemesis

Wednesday 26 Oct:
-Woke up with a sharp abdominal pain at 2am.
-Shut down computer. Had a weird urge to throw up.
-Threw up twice. Purged twice. Talk about double trouble.
-Finally fell asleep at about 3am.
-Awoke at 5am as usual.
-Threw up thrice and purged again. URGH.
-Called in sick.
-cycle of throwing up and purging ensues throughout the day.
-Doctor prescribes 4 satchets of Diarrstope/Lacteol Fort and 10 Hyoscine Butylbromide tablets.

Thursday 27 Oct:
-Woke up groggy & feverish.
-Threw up repeatedly in the morning. (lost count of the number of times)
-Called in sick again. Clerk mentioned that her sister had the exact symptoms and was hospitalised for 2 weeks (!!!)
-No more diarrhoea. (hallelujah~)
-Threw up my lunch. (thank goodness lunch did not consist of eggs or fish. Phew!)
-Persistent abdominal pain throughout the day.
-Dragged myself to the doctor's again.
-Prescribed Debridat, Domperidome and Famocid, 10 tablets each.
-Doctor diagnosed it as gastroenteritis.She mentions if the pain persists beyond 48 hours, it may be appendicitis.
- O_O Completely freaked out. Hey, isn't it just normal food poisoning?
-No appetite. Nibbled on biscuits for dinner.
-Abdominal pain ongoing.

All I want to do is curl up in bed but I cannot do so.
Admin work awaits me and I'm typing out 40 HRC remarks / CIP / HRC Qualities / HRC Strengths now. Work beckons. Tomorrow, I'll have to drag myself to work, by hook or by crook.

-crosses fingers and prays hard-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home