Friday, November 25, 2005

Have I Done The Right Thing?

Have I done the right thing? Is my definition of "right" a skewed version of someone else's "wrong" ? Such a definitive term tosses an extreme point of view. How "right" can one be when everyone has a differing opinion on the manner in which cogwheels click in this world?

Can one be "right" when it involves an external source bearing the brunt of it - the consequence in which nobody had wanted to seek, but landed in one's lap anyway? Should it be said with grave approval that regardless of the resultant, absolute resilience is necessary? Can suppressing, dismissing, rebuking & escaping be "right" ?

Treading with caution because of its significance, I don't quite know which path to head because there are no signboards, no road directions, nothing to inform me of my own bearings. Where exactly do I stand? Have I done something that is irreversibly horrid at another's expense? Or does it remain unwavered, unperturbed & nonchalant? Does the line between facades and reality take on a distinct identity? By taking a step forward, would I be walking in the opposite direction instead?

I've always been sure. I thought we knew.
Now, I'm not so sure anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home