Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Madness Reigns

I've no time to blog. Scores of work await me. I won't be able to stop till next week. All my free periods today were spent on auditioning the Primary 6s. Additionally, juggling between providing children with filler activities while assisting the 2 selected teams in their Powerpoint presentation & group displays on the Interdisciplinary Fiesta next week and getting volunteers to put up posters done by other pupils on the impending competition around the entire school building was challenging. I had my own presentations to worry about. Result slips had to be signed and imprinted with the school stamp at the last minute. In the process, I'd forgotten to eat, pee, drink, etc. I think if breathing wasn't a given, I'd have probably stopped breathing too. =/

That was just during curriculum time.

The bell rang at 12.30pm. As colleagues flooded to the AVA room for Contact Time, I had to deal with a parent for 30 minutes before proceeding to the aforementioned venue. After Contact Time, we had an urgent meeting with regards to the option forms given out to the P4s. Erstwhile, my phone vibrated violently and there were 5 missed calls from the tailor who had arrived in school at 1.30pm to take the pupils' measurements for the upcoming SYF Competition next year. As soon as the meeting ended, I rushed to the staff room to lock up the confidential data and up to the CCA room. To my dismay, there was another short briefing and by the time I'd reached the CCA room, it was 2pm. It wasn't my duty today but by the time the tailor had finished taking the measurements of all the pupils, it was time for the pupils to go home anyway.The time now was past 3pm.Proceeding to the staff room, I realised I had to fill in pupils' data & key in confidential information and upload it into the system. By the time I'd left school, it was 4pm.

Clearly forgetting to purchase cloth and material for the school hall decoration, I'd to run out to a neighbouring shop to get them. I had to take a break in the form of a short nap, only to be awakened abruptly by a phone call from a colleague. More work awaits. The time now is 7.45pm. I've yet to taste the first morsel of the day. Consolation: Great way to lose weight....

For the first time in my life, I'm probably not going to be able to even remember my birthday, let alone celebrate it on Monday. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home