Sunday, November 06, 2005

S bad S it gets...

After eight long years, I finally crossed paths with S.

I was gesticulating to K and we were laughing at some silly pun when I stopped in my tracks. Standing in the distance was S. I felt a surge of bitterness fester as I recalled the unpleasant past marred with lies, lies and more lies. Tangles, deceit & tales spun to break friendships. His clever guise of wisdom that tore other lives apart leaves a bitter aftertaste. We stared at each other from a distance as he sipped on his drink. Then, I looked right ahead and marched past him without flinching.

Despite avoiding all Primary 6 gatherings that involved his presence, despite avoiding his mother while being in the same institution during my work attachment and annual marking exercises/seminars till this day, despite avoiding all the places we used to go to, despite avoiding his clique, we had a chance encounter on this tiny island. The last I'd heard about him was that he had dropped out midway of his pilot course with the airforce and therefore, took up another scholarship instead. Additionally, rumour has it that he has jumped onto the other side of the bandwagon with his similar gender, although I cannot confirm this to be true.

I hope I'll never see him again. Neither does she.
Both of us will never forgive him nor forget what he has done.
Wither from my memory, S, because you don't deserve a place there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home