Friday, November 11, 2005

Triple Happiness

Good things come in threes, so they say....
  1. After the battle among 400+ pupils, 5 were chosen to enter the Finals on 15 November, Tuesday. I was really delighted that 2 of them were from my 2 P6 music classes. The semi-final was held at the amphitheatre and scores of pupils (literally in hundreds) had gathered around to watch. When it was time for Daniel Chan (my protege...heh heh) to perform, I was amazed that he had the entire crowd screaming out their lungs for him at the end of his item - Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi. A mild-mannered boy from one of the better classes, he had fumbled during our training sessions and had little confidence in himself although he had a powerful voice. I had taught him specifically how to engage the audience and build up rapport while showing off his vocal range. In a few weeks, he had since transformed into this confident rock star, swivelling his arms & his vocal prowress was simply awesome.If you closed your eyes and listened to him, you would not imagine that a twelve year old boy could pull off a Bon Jovi song. P6 girls were whipping out their digital cameras & camera phones to take pictures of this budding hunk. Gosh! Even the teachers raised their eyebrows and were wowed by his singing.
  2. The Annual Walk-a-Jog was held in the earlier half of the day. Each class was ranked and awarded points. The overall school champion, beating even the Primary 5 & 6 classes, was my class. Beaming proudly as they received their individual medals, the greatest reward was lifting the trophy that was about half my height!
  3. Our school had 5 awardees receiving the Singa Award. While the rest were Primary 5 & 6 pupils, only 1 awardee was from Primary 4 and she's a pupil in my class. Boy, am I proud of her!
Although it was a 7am-to-7pm day for me, today's one of the best days at work! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home