Thursday, December 01, 2005

Del + Ricky

Unexpectedly, I had dinner with Del today. He was at Mt Faber which was near his workplace. Did I mention that I love going out with Del as he would always take me to a place that I would never have ventured otherwise? It's almost like an adventure, exploring different places to whet our voracious appetites. With our tummies rumbling, we ordered XO chicken, scallops & prawns, some type of soup & another dish (my memory fails me at this point of time). Y-u-m-m-y! With delectable & succulent ingredients, the food certainly pleased our palates!

Ricky contacted me from Canada. He's at Air Georgian now, awaiting a flying position. Having clocked 200 hours, he has 300 more to go while searching for an entry level pilot job. I miss the good old times we had. Initially my computer guy & a friend of Tian Mi's, more interaction led to abandoning scattered computer parts on the floor and dabbling in idle talk instead. It wasn't long before we became good friends. Always one with humour, Ricky's a real joy to talk to. A Hong Kong citizen at birth, he was a PR in Singapore before migrating to Canada eventually. His penchant for cows led to his moniker "Moo Moo". I miss the long conversations, the evil sniggering between us, the private jokes, the silly wide grin he would triumphantly flash whenever he related a corny joke. Good luck, Moo Moo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home