Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Farewell Dinner for Ding @ Siglap (23 Dec 05)

Ding is migrating to the United States for good. He's leaving next week. As such, we had a farewell dinner at Siglap.

Dinner: Chilli crabs (Sri Lanka crabs - 2kg), 36 "mantous" (erm...I gobbled 9), Fried Rice, Venison stir-fried with spring onion, "Dou Miao", bowls of White Rice (lost count of the number) and soup.

After dinner, Chris looked discontented. Apparently, what we had consumed wasn't sufficient. I felt like I'd barely tasted a morsel even though I had eaten A-L-O-T. Post-dinner activity was ice-cream at Gelare's where I had a banana split and stole some from others too. (Question in mind: where does my voracious appetite hail from?!)

Here are the long-overdue photos we had taken on 23 December 2005. There are more pictures but I'll have to wait till I locate my Canon cable at my mum's place....


(1) Our deprivation of food can be seen in this picture. By the time the crabs had arrived, we'd wiped out the plates of venison & "dou miao".

(2) It's written all over their faces - Josh, Zhihao & Chris getting ready to tuck in.

(3) Josh zooming in on the shell. You can see that Zhihao is REALLY over the moon with that beam of his. Chris just can't wait to fill his mouth with those crabs.

(4) Oops, there's my hand getting in the way. Hum just needs his Singha beer (Don't be fooled by his skinny frame. He needs a Singha every single day, at almost every meal. While holidaying, he had downed 4 bottles in 7 hours.) Millicent's gripped with fear as she is allergic to shellfish (she gamely nibbled on a pincer anyway, despite my cries of horror). What's on Josh's mind? We'll never know...

(5) At Gelare's [Back: Zhihao, Chris, Ding, Vern, Millicent] [Front: Josh, CZ, Me, Hum] Claudia is missing from the picture as she is "camera-shy". This gal made a star that glowed in the dark for each individual. In addition, she had written a personalised message in a card that was attached to it. Isn't she the sweetest?

(6) Another "cheesy" shot =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home