Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fruit of the day: Mango

The Mango sale starts today.
(read: Nationwide dip in productivity & increased levels of insanity found predominantly in female species.)

Overheard along the aisles of the boutique at Takashimaya -
Girl: Hello, Sir? I would like to take urgent leave. (silence for a few moments)
Girl: Yes.....yes....ok (prolonged silence)
Girl: Thank you, Sir. (turns off cell phone)
Girl (to her friends) : Ok! Take leave already! After this go Wisma!

O_O So much for "urgent leave". I wonder if male bosses have deciphered the mystery of the Missing Female Counterparts when the gong at Mango strikes eight.

Battleplan mapped out below:
5am: Woke up to the wailing of not one, not two but THREE alarm clocks. Barely awake after two hours of sleep, thanks to "somebody" (clue: his name starts with "Dan" and ends with "iel") who was gleefully out at sea and decided to 'disturb' after 2am. Grrrrrrrr....
7am: Rushed out of home. Late! Late! Late!
7.45am: 30+ women were in the queue at the Ngee Ann City boutique.
8am: The automated shutters were raised. Some women started shrieking. (yes, it's that scary.)
9.40am: Escaped with a $200 hole in pocket. Bumped into Linda & Co. Smirks all around. Heh. I must mention that I had selflessly scoured through a million sweaters just to get the exact one Vern wanted. =p
10am: Entered the boutique at Wisma Atria. Spent another $100.
11am: I must be getting old. Energy booster in the form of Yakiniku Rice Burger, Fries and of course, my must-have iced tea.
11.20: Battle resumed at Isetan Scotts. Bumped into Linda & Co. yet again. Both parties proudly declare that it's their 3rd boutique. Rummaged through some capris. Spent another $100.
12.30: Weiyun HAD to drag me to the boutique at Shaw House. Bought another racerback for no apparent reason. Sheesh. (At the last count, I have 9 racerbacks. The only time they are put to use is when I need to visit the doctor. Gee! )
1.45: Surrender at long last. Weiyun went home.
2.30: Ok , so I had to pop by at Forever21 and got myself yet another teal blouse. (Ok, ok, i know! STOP PURCHASING TEAL AND PURPLE STUFF)
3.30: Back at Mum's place. Went to seamstress to alter my clothes (How's that for efficiency, Boss?)
5.00: Back at new home.
6.30: Bushed. Tired. Sleep is not an option. I have to go out again. In five minutes, perhaps.

All I want to do is S-L-E-E-zzzzzzzzzzz..... -yawn-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home