Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wanted: A White Mouse =.=

There is a general misconception that purchashing a white mouse in Singapore is a cinch. By "white mouse", I mean the live rodent, not one of the numerous Apple accessories. Does anyone know of a pet shop that actually sells a white mouse?

Search Results Thus Far:
  • Sunday = The pet shop at Marine Parade used to hoard many guinea pigs, hamsters & white mice at the height of the Chinchilla frenzy. My first stop brought on disappointment as a few hamsters were all the shop had to offer.
  • Monday = Pet Safari, touted to be "the largest in Singapore & the first in Asia", had hamsters in dwindling figures and made the pet shop at Marine Parade look good in comparison.
  • Tuesday = Constructive Online Search....Not.
  • Scanned www.pets.com.sg/forums - sent an SMS to 3 people with no replies. Gee!
  • Dutifully called up numerous shops in the East that were listed at Mivick's Cattery to no avail. (discovered the irrelevant existence of Tim"bark"tu Pets at West Coast Way.)
Other friends quote the rearing of dogs, cats, fish, hamsters, terrapins, rabbits, chinchillas and birds as conventional pets. I want a white mouse. Desperately. One that is drenched in silky white fur, complete with pink pitter-patter feet, a pink tail, dwarfed ears and bewitching whiskers that twitch when it nibbles some food. Excuse me while I relish this bimbotic moment, "So cuuuuuuute!" -squeal-

Is Mich weird to want a white mouse? o_O

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaimie said...

I'm sorry you can't find a white mouse! How very frustrating that must be. I love mice, even the ones that sometimes get into my house. When I was little I had a whole family of mice.
Good luck in your quest!

11:05 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger whimsical_fantasies said...

thanks for your well wishes, Jaimie. Unfortuately, in Singapore, mice are scarce. Rats are plentiful though.
I would be thankful to just get my hands on one while you had an entire family! You lucky girl! =p

2:43 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home