Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Catching Up...

I woke up in the late afternoon with a flurry of text messages in my phone and a couple of missed calls. Soon, I was out of the house.
test, test....hmmm, it's rather blur...
much better now...gee, I'm so fat!

Over coffee & pasta salad (which was horribly bland) at Starbucks, I spent three hours talking to Nur. There were similar issues we shared and could empathise with each other. At 7pm, Nur went home.

After that, I had dinner with Aili. Her moniker is synonymous with "Straits Times journalist", "London School of Economics scholarship", triple S Paper", "top Arts student", "top GP student", "top Economics, Literature & History student", "badminton captain", "scribes often photocopied and used as model essays for an entire lecture hall", "walking Google", "spouts dates and Literature quotes from ANY possible source at a mere twinkle of an eye", et al. In summary, Ai Li is one heck of a genius.

Mich & Ai Li

We had a rather compelling conversation with regards to the status of the Arts in the local arena, education policies and the lack of a vibrant culture in Singapore. As her articles are related to education, I'm often her source of information and quotes (although I insist on remaining anonymous, for obvious reasons). At Skechers, we filled our tummies with awfully fattening food. Ai Li had linguine, tiramisu & lime juice while I had fish & chips and a Sprite float. Over dinner, I learnt that Marilyn and Janet were pregnant (gee, that's fast!). Out of a tight bunch of 25, 7 were married, 2 pregnant and 1 had already given birth. Clearly, I'm getting older by the day. (and much fatter too! =/ )We left only when the shops started to close. It's always gratifying to have dinner with this intellectual!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home