Friday, March 31, 2006

Current Attorney-General Chan Sek Keong To Succeed CJ Yong Pung How

An excerpt from Channelnewsasia:
Singapore Chief Justice Yong Pung How will retire on April 10, after more than 15 years in the top legal position. Current Attorney-General Chan Sek Keong will succeed him from April 11 for a period of three years.

That reminded me of my 'guardian angel' LC. LC is the paternal nephew of AG Chan and Desmond's maternal cousin. LC has been the brother I never had. Although he is currently in Sydney with Diana, John, Jen and the rest, we would always meet up when LC is in Singapore. He's the one who dines daily at fine restaurants till he's sick of it. What does he crave? Wanton Mee at City Plaza. He drives a Mercedes but refuses to take a taxi, preferring the bus as his mode of public transport instead.

LC has been a pillar of support for the last 8 years and I'm awfully grateful to him. Long distance calls at 4am when you're in tears? Not a problem for LC. He had guided me through a murky period in the past. Although he has introduced a tonne of 'vice' to Diana and yours truly, he's a good counsellor. I've always told LC that he is my quirky guardian angel who's protected me from harm. Together with Desmond, they possess a wicked sense of humour. Once, Diana and I sat through a four-hour guffawing session at Coffee Bean's thanks to these two men. He's finally met The One and it's thanks to her that he has been a 'good boy' for the last couple of years.

Diana's returning to Singapore for good in the near future and I hope that some day, LC will do so too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home