Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Firefox Down

So, I spoke too soon.

Firefox has just gone mad. After spending hours uploading a gazillion pictures here and organizing them, Firefox came to a halt. A script was inserted at the beginning of each picture http://not-a-real-namespace.

I could ignore it, couldn't I? Well, sadly, the answer is no. It literally stopped the browser from loading and it was left hanging. While IE users are looking at this blog and wonder what the fuss is about, Firefox users will be able to see an entry with a vacuum that was previously occupied by pictures in that entry. Despite deleting the entry on Blogger's dashboard ad nauseum, the stubborn entry remains and once "not-a-real-namespace" appears, Firefox is handicapped. Check the template & settings? Been there, done that. Zilch.

Apparently, after googling and yahooing (the irony of it all), it appears that this problem was experienced as early as in 2003. While complaints and desperate pleas are easily found, there is no solution and one common thread echoes among those who are/have been affected - No word from Blogger. No word from Mozilla.

Which translates to G-R-E-A-T.

Is it some hacker's work? I don't know.
Is it a bug? I don't know.
What I do know is that I've spent hours and it's all come to naught.
I'm extremely peeved.

Welcome to Mich's world.
As if things weren't bad enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home