Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fireflies & You Stay With Me - Faith Hill

Isn't Faith Hill absolutely gorgeous?

(1) FIREFLIES (click to download song)

Before you met me, I was a fairy princess
I caught frogs and called them prince
And made myself a queen
And before you knew me, I'd travelled 'round the world
And I slept in castles
And fell in love
Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
To capture Tinkerbel
And they were just fireflies to the untrained eye
But I could always tell

Cause I believe in fairy tales
And dreamer's dreams
Like bedsheet sails
And I believe in Peter Pan
And miracles, anything I can to get by
And fireflies

Now before I grew up, I saw you on a cloud
And I could bless myself in your name
And pat you on your wings
And before I grew up I heard you whisper so loud
Well life is hard and so is love
Child, believe in all these things


(2) YOU STAY WITH ME (click to download song)

TV flashes down the hall
Painting pictures on the wall.
And you're still sleeping on my knee.
And in the glow of silver light
I trace the lines above your eyes,
Just another wrinkle that you can blame on me.

But I can hear the current of the freeway in the distance
If I keep listening.
And I wonder if you ever thought of
Streaming off somewhere with it.

Am I not what you thought?
Will you get tired of what you got?

Chorus
If I can't give you anymore
Than weathered ships and distant shores,
Would you still be my compass?
Cause you keep loving me the same.
I don't know how but you still stay with me, baby.
Stay with me baby.

Another day, another week.
We'll slip back in old routines, to nights like these.
Come in between.
Simple moments in the dark
Ones that light can't tear apart,
That come along just when we need.

And I still hear the current of the freeway in the distance,
But I stop listening.
Cause I know you'll stay
Even though the waves are always shifting.

We're fighting our way through.
I guess I always knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home