Friday, July 21, 2006

Gastroenteritis

It started first with the Pop being rushed to A&E. Within a few hours, Cedric was down at the A&E at 3am. Like bowling pins, each was struck and the domino effect soon reached me in two days.

I woke up today with an urge to throw up. Contents of dinner from the previous night were emptied. Repeated trips to the lavatory ensured that soon enough, I was throwing up nothing but water. It didn't help that diarrhoea lent a hand in this torture. Coupled with the chills from a fever of 39.1 degrees, it was nothing short of pure agony.

A trip to the A&E was inevitable. A jab and expensive medication were on the cards and a foregone diagnosis of gastroenteritis for the second time this year.

If you do recall, my infected toe had brought on a high fever at the start of July, after which I had a tetanus jab. Following that, I was in hospital last week to have an X-ray done on my ankle bone. Today, gastroenteritis is my latest gift.

Excuse me while I go throw up. Again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dank said...

-pat pat-
hope you're feeling better now!

11:11 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger whimsical_fantasies said...

voracious appetite has returned.
thanks!

2:58 PM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home