Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can You Tell Me?

Each time I think of you, a smile creeps and lights up my face. Simply put, you treated me in a way none could quite match up to. Perhaps it was. Perhaps it wasn't. It doesn't really matter for it has come to pass.

Daily to weekly to none - I watched you falter away.

On one hand, I had hoped you would drift away completely till you were out of sight and yet another side of me secretly wished you would turn back just for another glance. And that is how it has mapped out thus far.

Do me a favour and put this misery out of me. Give me a clear indication once and for all if it is over. Only then will I be broken enough to shake off any shard of hope. Only then would I be able to know the direction in which I should embark a new journey on.

If it is over, a negative in the form of a simple "No" would suffice.
If traces remain, a monosyllabic "Yes" would do.

What I need is a clear-cut answer. Nuances can pile aplenty, shoulders can grow cold and tables may be turned but nothing beats a stark "No" or "Yes". If you still care about me as a friend or otherwise, you would not hold me ransom with the situation hanging in mid-air. You would not need me to point it out starkly that it is you I'm talking about. Don't be afraid to hurt me. You'd be doing me more harm by not providing an answer.

I did not mean to do what I had done to you. I'm truly sorry if you had cared enough for me to hurt you with my actions. Looking back, I regret putting you through those moments in order to evoke an indication from you.

Thank you for bringing happiness to my life although it was short-lived.
Because of you, I have laughed.
For you, I have cried.
I'll always remember you.
Every word.
Every smile.
Every gesture.

You are, and still am, a very important part of my life.
But I need to know, if it is truly time for me to let it go.

You said you didn't want me to die.
So now, please let me live.

Tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home