Thursday, September 14, 2006

白色的风车 White Windmill

Date of Release: 5 September 2006
No.of Pre-Order Copies Sold: 1.8 million
From YesAsia.com: Jay Chou returns to solidify his status as king of Mando-pop. Known for his own unique style that skillfully incorporates R&B and hip-hop as well as other music genres to weave a melodious sound carpet, Jay has always been very fond of experimenting. His latest album titled Still Fantasy is no exception to the rule. As for the title of Jay's latest CD, Still Fantasy reflects the immense range of Jay's creativity as he introduces new elements while staying true to his trademark sound.

Mich's Take:
Below is my favourite track from the album. A great song encompassing denial as the protagonist refuses to let go and clings on to shreds of hope.

白色的风
White windmill
安静的纯真
Quiet innocence
真实的感觉
A genuine emotion
梦境般遥远
A miraged distance

甜甜的海水
The sweet waters of the ocean
复杂的眼泪
Complicated tears
看你傻笑着
Watching your bashful smile
握住我的手
As you hold my hand

梦希望没有尽头
A hope that this dream will never end
我们走到这就好
Let's stop at this pinnacle
因为我不想太快走完这幸福
For I wish not to reach the end of this road of happiness
很可惜没有祝福
Regrettably without well wishes,
但爱你并不孤独
Loving you has not left me lonely
不会再让你哭
Shed not a tear again.

[chorus]
我陪你走到最后
I'll accompany you to the end
能不能不要回头
Please do not turn back
你紧紧地抱住我
With a tight hug,
说你不需要承诺
You say that you do not need a promise
你说我若一个人会比较自由
You said with independence, I would gain freedom.
我不懂你说什么
Your words confuse me
反正不会松手
But I will not let go of your hand.

我陪你走到最后
I'll accompany you to the end
能不能别想太多
Please don't brood too much
会不会手牵着手
Will we be walking hand in hand?
晚一点再到尽头
And arrive at the end a little later?
你说不该再相见只为了瞬间
You said we should not meet again for the time being
谢谢你让我听见
Thank you for these words which I hear
因为我在等待永远
For I am waiting for eternity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home