Friday, September 08, 2006

Yeah, Right. Hrmph!

Having been at work and subsequently gallivanting, I shrugged it off when my right eye hurt with each blink. Attributing it to the extended usage of my contact lenses since I started work in the morning, a reality check at my reflection presented the truth. It was puffy and slightly swollen in the region of my right eyelid. Contact with the region provided little relief, if not mere pain.

Compounding this was the misfortune of wolfing down semi-inedibles at a certain restaurant. The seaweed had a weird odour, the ramen was slightly sluggish in appearance and the crabsticks didn't look too palatable. However, the prawns alongside were very fresh. My dining experience was compromised when I could go no further than a few reluctant bites. Icing on the cake came when my green tea appeared to be transparent. A sip rendered its incongruency with the expected brew. Beckoning to the waitress in polite accordance to increase the amount of green tea powder added to the mixture, I was met with a glare before the offending glass was removed. When it reappeared, lo and behold, it was still a pillar of transparent fluid. Not wanting to kick up a fuss, I shelved this aside. Many a stride later, a sick twist in the stomach was felt and in every sense of the word, I raced to the nearest loo, bolted the cubicle and proceeded to throw up. A kaleidoscope of splatters brought a halt to the impeding nausea.
Talk about double trouble! Hrmph! =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home