Friday, December 15, 2006

It's No Sacrifice

An earlier conversation with a friend, Mr R :

It's not worth it.
I know.

Is it known?
I don't want it to be.

Why?
Because.

What do you think?
I'm only a life buoy - failproof & needed only in emergencies.

Then?
There's no "then".

Now?
People change, R. That's the irony of humanity that separates us from the animals.

I don't get it, Mich. You're smarter than this.
This isn't academia, R. On this gameboard, I'm taking the noughts.

An almost fairytale, wasn't it?
(looks at R) Dreams are what we wake up from.

How do you feel?
I'm strong but it doesn't mean I don't hurt. I smile, but it doesn't mean I've never cried.

Will you tell?
Never.

So?
So, when loneliness strikes, I'll be around. When help's needed, I'll render it. When there's happiness, I'll slink away by the back door and peek with a smile.

It's a sacrifice.
Wrong. It's love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home