Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Village Idiot

I
... did all I could.
... swung between both ends of the continuum.
... grappled with the innate conditioning.
... anguished and pined.
... had fervent clippings tightly gripped.

You
... tangled me in your web and....
... came and left
... and came and left
... and came and left and came and left
... and came and left and came and left and came and left.

We
... spoke volumes of that unsaid.
... stretched each other's patience by holding out the bait just a little longer.
... engaged in psychological battles
... upped the stakes with each challenging mindgame.

If
... it could gain an ounce of attention, I would have.
... you asked, I'd give.
... a word was dropped, I'd revel in flighty notions.

Forgive me if I've played the role of The Village Idiot far too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home