Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Scrawls In My Head

Taking a leaf out of a quote from BSF on Cuili's blog, this is a reminder to myself:

Man has wanted to get rid of God, to push Him out of his life. In comtemporary terms he is saying, "God, I just want you to leave me alone. Take a seat on that chair over there. Shut up, and let me get on with my life as I want to live it." And so God does! Like the father of the Prodigal Son, He releases the rebellious child, permitting him to depart with all his many possessions and goods for the far country.

Isn't that what we want?
It is what we think we want, but the problem is that it does not turn out as we anticipate.

In fact, it turns out exactly the reverse.

We think of God as a miser of happiness, keeping back from us all that would make us happy. We think that by running away from Him we will be happy, wild and free.

Instead of happiness, we find misery.
Instead of freedom, we find sin's bondage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home