Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dear God, Mich Is Back. =)

* Festival of Praise *
3 August 2007
Friday


After attending the first night of the Festival of Praise at the Indoor Stadium, I'm finally aligned with God again. Ting & I broke down periodically as both of us shared wrecked embellishments of similar strains - that of loss, abandonment and frustration.

Delirious started off with a bang and struck gold with the textures of Majesty (Here I Am) and Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble?.

Thereafter, Don Moen took over. Despite repeated attempts to maintain my composure, the pickets came crashing down after a string of sonic masterpieces by the frontrunner of modern Christian worship.


[ Still ]
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

[ I Offer My Life ]
All that I am
All that I have
I lay them down before You, O Lord
All my regrets
All my acclaims
The joy and the pain
I'm making them Yours
Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord, I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord, I offer You my life

Ingestation of poignance came in the form of this song:

[ He Never Sleeps ]
When You've prayed every prayer that you know how to pray.
Just remember the Lord will hear and answer is on its way.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.

And He never sleeps
He never slumbers.
He never tires of hearing our prayer.
When we are weak
He becomes stronger.
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares on Him.

Do you feel that the Lord has forgotten your need?
Just remember that God is always working in ways you cannot see.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.

After a parched period of apathy coupled with resentment over certain issues, tonight was that of spiritual reconciliation with God.

Memories gnawed with each Don Moen melody. The cameras panned to his nifty fingers,thereby steering my mind towards that which weighed heavy on my heart up till then.

Empowered by Pastor Phil Pringle who hails from Christian City Church in Australia, everyone hung onto every word of his poignant sermon infused with humour. Thanks to the articulate and blessed annointing of Pastor Phil Pringle, his words remain etched in my mind - to be a Happy Christian.

Dear God, Mich is back.
And, she is finally Happy. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home