Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Show on Stage - Luo Zhixiang's Concert with Angelina

1 December 2007 (Sat)
Show on Stage - Luo Zhixiang
Indoor Stadium
8pm


Since bagging the top prize for a nondescript Aaron Kwok lookalike competition almost a decade ago, Luo Zhixiang has scaled to greater heights and is a household name in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore & Malaysia. Widely acknowledged for his acrid wit and comic timing, he is the current anchor host of Taiwanese entertainment, edging out even his predecessor, Jacky Wu, as his programmes are broadcast during the coveted slots during prime time. Locally, his infotainment programme is screened daily in the evening and a repeat telecast can be caught after midnight.

Therefore, I was in two minds about attending the concert . Though Show (his newly adopted moniker) was a bona fide host and I enjoyed watching him on the gogglebox on a daily basis, holding him in high regard as a live entertainer and filial son who was badly affected by his father's recent death, that wasn't the benchmark of an acclaimed singer.

However, Angelina, being the eager beaver, persuaded me to purchase a $100 ticket. ($98 tagged with a $2 Sistic administrative charge.)

In all honesty, I was expecting a humdrum monotony with a lacklustre performance. After the concert, well, let's just say that the guy deserved credit for his concerted effort because I'd actually enjoyed it! Additionally, I had no idea that Show could tinkle on the ivories, thus playing on my inclination towards musical talents. =)

[ Note: Yes, you could attribute this to being rather "cheena". The only reason why I survived Higher Chinese in secondary school was due to the sole fact that I picked up idioms from Chinese songs! It irks me when people coo, "You listen to Chinese songs?","But you're a banana!", "I thought you were into English Literature?" and the like. Hello? This is Singapore. I like to think of myself as being effectively bilingual, thank you very much. So while I do enjoy my Corrinne Mays and Michael Bubles, I'm quite happy tapping my feet to the Jay Chous and such. ]


A packed stadium at 8pm.
The lights dimmed and frenzied females started screaming.
(Nope, not me)
Show rising from the hidden platform.
An opening number.
Showing off his dance moves.
Nice profile.
I'm distracted by the varying backgrounds!
Getting ready for the next item.
Perforated squares. Nice!

"We got to show" - A pun on his showbiz moniker
What's a show without Show's famous chair dance ?It was time for an interactive activity.
A random member of the audience was chosen....
....and it turned out to be a guy!
Awkward laughs as the next item was a love song.
He gamely strides down the steps while holding hands with the chosen person.
The mortified guy backed away when Show tapped him on the shoulder.

One of my favourite pictures!

Very pretty backdrop

Shake it....
....Mama!
Special Guest Appearance by sweet young thing, Rainie Yang
Rainie did a cartwheel right into his arms. Wow.
Show bantering with Rainie


Rainie's final song.
Show appears and the audience gasps.
Belting a tune while tinkling on the ivories? Bingo!
Smashing performance.

Show getting emotional.

Such displays were lavishly utilised during the concert.
Another lovely backdrop!
Appearing again in style.
A catchy hip-hop number
Dazzling lights! Snazzy!
Show teasing the dancers before his next item.
Colour me.....
Green....
Yellow....
Red, Blue.....
Encore at 10pm.
Grand Finale at 10.20pm.
My camera battery went dead exactly at this instant.
A parting shot using Angelina's camera.
Mich is home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home