Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's 4am and I have just returned home from a night out on Valentine's Day!

I am bushed to the max! =)

Here's my lazy entry prior to the entry proper which I shall get down to doing by this weekend ( Procrastination, be gone! =p ) :
  • Dinner : Aquamarine @ Marina Mandarin
  • Cost : a whisker away from $200
  • Unexpectedly, the elderly man seated next to us caught sight of the shutterbug in me and initiated conversation. Apparently, the gregarious Uncle was quite happy to be posing for numerous shots himself! We spent 3 hours at Aquamarine with the elderly couple. It turns out that he is the boss of the factory that supplies essential Chinese staples islandwide! The man has a string of houses and a fleet of cars yet he displayed none of the ostentatious airs one would have expected. He remarked that I was like a daughter to him (?!?!) and took us around the hotel. Hotel staff were clamouring to please him as he was a regular (he had been dining at the hotel for the last 15 days. Such extravagance!) and likewise, we received VIP treatment by default. He took us around the hotel restaurants and hotel staff stopped in their tracks to banter with him. Finally, we exchanged contacts before parting. Uncle said that he would make yam cake for me if I were to visit him in future. (?!?! I was stumped yet again.) It was a rather intimidating experience, I must admit!
  • Next, the Man and I headed to our usual KTV joint for 3 hours of narcisstic renditions. The entire building was packed! There was an ongoing promotion of $88++ which included a rose and a badge. Common sense prevailed and I chose the normal package of $60 instead. [ Mich doesn't like flowers much although the occasional tulip or unusual flower would be acceptable. ] For some reason, the boss was chummy with us and we received VIP treatment again with numerous staff fussing over us. One of the female staff went to the extent of holding my arm as I went to the lavatory! (Huh?! Why??!) I received curious stares from other customers in the joint and to be honest, I was a tad embarrassed at this blatant display. Needless to say, those hours at the karaoke joint were thoroughly enjoyable!

So, here I am, bidding my dear Readers adieu for the night!

I think I have had quite enough excitement thus far! =)

(Stay tuned for pictures over the weekend!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home