Monday, June 16, 2008

Of Nothing.

Pastor D. Kuek is a figure embedded since childhood. It scarcely occurred to Mich that the boy with the loose T-shirt and bermudas had come of age till D took to the pulpit with his maiden sermon yesterday.

It (the sermon, not the aforementioned figure) rattled Mich, albeit unexpectedly.

Strongly accented by the theme of Turning to God, the accompanying verse punctuated in good measure. It registered an epiphany, a spiritual flash that manifested a realization.

Exodus 14:14
14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Taking thought with myself, I drew a circle in my brain within which to unravel this mysterious play of circumstance.

The only thing I had to do was Nothing.

Suddenly, it all made sense. =)

On a completely different note, as if to reiterate this notion, Mich had watched Kungfu Panda the day before, upon which "The Secret Ingredient is Nothing" was the hardy perennial.

Now, how about that?

God works in mysterious (and amusing) ways indeed!

"If I am taking cognizance of what is offered me by my senses I do so but to bring the results within the circle of my reason....The right hold I had taken of my reason drew me to something so important that I was obliged to cling to it to save myself from falling."
-- [ The Mystery of the Yellow Room, by Gaston Leroux ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home