Sunday, November 02, 2008

2005 - 2008

Remember 2005?
You entered my life.

We spent much time getting to know each other on our machine.
You, with yours and me, just me glued to my screen.

Hello, stranger. How do You do?
Yet, a stranger you weren't. A face I knew.

You smiled and laughed. My eyes twinkled in tune.
It got to be better than I had assumed.

"Don't go. Wait for me," You'd tease.
"Yes," I winked "If only You'd say please!"

The hand on the glass, a promise to seal.
Time went by, against my reluctant will.

Are You Happy? Have I made You Happy?
A question I'd never expected. Really.

"Dear God,"I prayed. "I love this man.
But it's all too late. Is this Your plan?"

A fine thin line stood divisive
A decision that could be derisive.

A heavy heart I lugged that night.
To tell You the truth, to do what's right.

Your face, Your words etched in my head.
I'll never forget the things You'd said.

Along the sidewalk, we tarried and talked.
Words gave way to silence and darkness soon mocked.

I'll walk You. No, I will. I'll walk with You. All right, if You will.
Your step with mine, each moment surreal.

You said goodbye. We waved. I cried.
I watched as you hung your head by the roadside.

What have I done? What sin have I?
I only did but love the wrong guy.

It came and passed. We both knew well.
I'll soon forget. Yes, I shall.

Each day anew, trickles unbroken.
Yet my lips were sealed, my pain unspoken.

"Dear God, "I cried. "What drives this pain?"
I tried to forget all but in vain.

The Gift you gave, the Time we spent.
The look in Your eyes, I knew what You meant.

"Thanks," was all that I could say.
When You came closer, I moved away.

The dilemma presented was soon erased.
When I disappeared without a trace.

A day. A week. A month. They passed.
The role of the spectator was an arduous task.

How are You? Where are You now?
Through my head, these questions would clang and plough.

"Dear God,"I begged. "Help me through."
And then one day, it came out of the blue.

A message received, from none other but You.
A year had passed but my love only grew.

Your face. Your smile. Your grin. Your name.
Everything about You but You was the same.

It's come to pass, I'd tell myself.
To place the finished book on the shelf.

Yet, here I am. Three years have passed.
A thousand days of dawn and dusk.

For some reason, I'm still around.
At this spot, without a sound.

In foolish hope, I sit and wait.
It's still early - only 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home