Saturday, November 01, 2008

I Wrote A Song Today.

I haven't written a song for many, many years.
Today, a tune popped in my head and in about ten minutes, a song was born. Surprisingly, the tune's infused with rock. Think Bon Jovi.
It isn't as good as I'd like it to be but it's something to call my own, anyway. ( Note : Writing poems is MUCH easier! )

What prompted me to write this song?

You.

You're everything I'd wanted to be.
And everything that I can never be.

Yes, it's You.

Remember ©Mich
Remember when You said
Things aren't the way they're made
We had fun in the sun
Before long, the day's done

Remember when You said
That I can rest in Your shade
Onto these words I clung
Till the broken notes were sung.

Chorus:
I remember, I remember
Every little thing You said
I remember, I remember
These memories don't fade.

Bridge:
And all the things that You have done
The love that's lost, the voice of none.
These pasted memories across the wall
And now I know, (now I know)
They mean nothing to you at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home