Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Little Sensitivity Goes A Long, Long Way.

Recently, two close friends have moved up a few notches on the corporate ladder.

Friend P is now an Economist with XXX Bank. Read the papers. You'll find her opinions & market projections being sought after in the finance sector.

Friend Y left her job as an audit manager to take on the role of group financial controller at a local listed company.

When you're that high above the ground, is complaining about "being poor" justified?

I don't have a record-breaking paycheque. $6 000 to $8 000 is above average, but nowhere near rich. I can afford small luxuries and pamper myself from time to time, but I cannot, say, fly to Paris simply to shop.

There are essentials and there are whimsical wants. To each individual, the difference between the two is subjective.

You certainly won't find me whinging about wanting a $12000 Hermes bag to someone who can barely make ends meet.

A little sensitivity goes a long, long way.

On that note, if I've appeared to be insensitive to anyone in any manner, I'm sorry.

I'm conscious of my words and try not to hurt anyone's feelings. But if I've missed that mark at any point of time, do let me know.

It's in my personality makeup to contribute to someone's happiness, in any way that I can.

To make you smile, even if it's just for a while. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home