Friday, January 02, 2009

Numbness Is When Something Inside Mich Dies. (Because of You)


"A secret that will never see the light,
Something in Mich has died Tonight."

Little Sparrow, my heart has died.
The tears I own but have not cried.
Fancy a walk? Come with me.
Shroud me in this mimicry.

Of nights in which to Him I'd turned,
Spoke not the affection that I'd yearned.
My solace, my refuge, a wish opined.
His words spoke of a promise to bind.

Why did I linger?
Why did I dream?
All that glittered,
How little they mean.

A smile to You,
My soul to bare.
The gift to me -
A scar to bear.

Festered wounds that yearn to know.
The Secret kept and yet to show.
Of which is locked in memory,
It laughs and mocks at me in glee.

He came, He sat, He laughed with me.
He was my Friend, my Love to be.
We ran, We played and Hope, I clutched.
A dance of chance saw none of such.

Steps abound, I count to ten.
Sweeping Time for races ran.
Eyelashes of each to preen,
Nought exchanged for the between.

Teach me to be strong and live
To learn to forget and forgive.
To start upon an empty slate,
Of which none of His lies would grate.

Little Sparrow, come stay with me.
Watch me crumple beneath the tree.
And if I should then fall asleep,
Tell my Love the Secret that I died to keep.

-- Mich

(final stanza has been modified from Sara Teasdale in my previous post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home