Friday, January 02, 2009

To You.

"When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes."

-- Jonas Brothers

Hung on my skyline was a single thought.

This time, maybe, just maybe, it was for real.

Resting on my hands was a face cupped, in a manner which showed how deeply these broodings hinged on the unaccountable interruption that had broken my devotion.

Tonight, I found no tears to cry.

With placid contentment, not unmingled with a little fear, which past misfortunes had impressed, that what appeared certain and tangible might soon dissipate into an airy dream and leave no trace but deep and everlasting regret, I'd chosen to surge forward.

Yet, time and time again, with a wave of your hand, as if I were a tangible object, you'd sweep me aside and leave me broken.

Painfully suggestive of its cause, a crinkled curve served to soften the pain.

One day, You'll see. For reasons that logic had departed, I had implicit trust that You'd come to embrace the writing on the wall.

Time would tell, I was sure.

With an airy tongue that syllabled my name, You came forth with your sweet words of mirth. Dripped in comfort and sweet elevation, You dropped just enough to make me smile. Rationale had no room in this box of play.

They warned me against You. Playing with your mind, that's what they said. Castigation scrambled forward but little did I pay heed.

I found myself falling slowly astern, resolute in recovering what I'd lost -- a forbidden countenance.

Ceasing to debate with wisdom, I snuggled under the blanket of Hope. Wrapped in peaceful slumber, I held the affirmation that You and You alone would protect and not hurt me.

I'd wanted to believe.

I'd wanted You to need me.

To look me in the eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home