Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yes, I Can....When?

Each time I think I'm getting it right, the house of cards collapses.

I think I can. I know I can. I'm sure I can.

My life has been scribbled with misconceptions and doubts debunked.

When Dad said I couldn't, I proved him wrong by winning prize after prize, award after award as a child for the sake of mere affirmation. When Dad said I would drown in a class of scholars, I lost by a whisker to two others to be 3rd In Literature in the entire college. When Dad said my command of the language wasn't good enough, I zapped that by topping my cohort in Linguistics.

When Dad left, they said that Mich had been the apple of everyone's eyes (read : spoilt since childhood) and she wouldn't be able to tough it out. Not only did she surge forward, she learnt how to balance the books at age of 21 and is still supporting two families today. (Yes, are you surprised? Just because I don't wear it on my sleeve, it doesn't mean I'm useless. )

When the naysayers scoffed that Mich wouldn't survive beyond the comforts of MOE, Mich proved them all wrong by not only surviving, but by scoring a salary beyond their capacity.

Mich isn't perfect.

There are many things that she cannot do.

For those that she can, she demands no less than perfection.

Yet, all too often, in the face of Simplicity, Perfection is nowhere to be found.

For where a desire so simple abounds, its grasp remains elusive.

I know I can. I know I will. I know It has to be.

The Question is - When?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home