Friday, January 15, 2010

Being Vulnerable - Friend H.

13 Jan 2010, Wed

It takes courage to break down and cry in the presence of a friend, thus exposing one's vulnerability.

And I bore witness to such a situation, albeit involuntarily.

At 9pm, my phone rang incessantly.

It was Friend H.

He needed to talk and so, I agreed to meet him.

Within minutes, he picked me up from where I was and we headed towards the nearest cafe for a drink.

Time ambled on and he sought solace by pouring his heart out to me.

As he spoke, tears welled in his eyes and they fell, as if on cue.

Two hours slipped by before he had to leave.

We tarried with more chatter at my place. Just as I pored and analysed his situation, he concluded the night with this - "Mich, you know, you'd make a darn good lawyer."

And I could only offer a hint of a smile, for that is one of the Regrets in my life.

Apart from You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home