Tuesday, January 05, 2010

So Close.

Do You know that this replays the scenes in my head?

Of how You used to tell me everything, Of the excuses you would concoct to meet me, Of the time when you wanted to get off the bus to keep me company, Of how it could have been, Of how I'd wanted to tell You the Truth when I paused before getting out of Your car and turned to You but ended up dropping everything, Of all that I've kept repressed within me, Of the years gone by, Of how I'd always managed to coax myself into believing that You'll be told 'the next time' while knowing jolly well that I would never do so?

And when the realisation hit us simultaneously that we had been silent because of our preconceptions, I'd wanted to say Something yet Nothing was uttered.

I sigh,
If only to expel the sadness within.

I waited half my life for the dream that could never be.

You were.
So close. And yet so far.

A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close

So close to reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let's go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home