Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Wisdom of Isaiah.

Tonight, I asked the Lord, "God, how long? How long before I know what to do?"

Then, I opened my Bible and it landed on Isaiah 6:11.
11 Then I said, "For how long, O Lord?"

And he answered:
"Until the cities lie ruined
and without inhabitant,
until the houses are left deserted
and the fields ruined and ravaged,

12 until the LORD has sent everyone far away
and the land is utterly forsaken.

13 And though a tenth remains in the land,
it will again be laid waste.
But as the terebinth and oak
leave stumps when they are cut down,
so the holy seed will be the stump in the land."


Wanting to know more, I asked, "How would I know, God?" and flipped the page. Isaiah 7:10 had the answer.
10 Again the LORD spoke to Ahaz,

11 "Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights."

12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask; I will not put the LORD to the test."

13 Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home