Tuesday, June 29, 2010

For Me.

Amidst packing for my trip, an aphorism hit me.

The only Obstacle is Myself.

The ironic debacle anchors itself in the fact that I've counselled countless pupils and nurtured quite a number into fine young adults. Instilling confidence is my forte, that is, when it comes to others.

Taking into consideration the needs and wants of others, I have, but little time for myself. Undoubtedly draining, I press on to accomodate him and her and them and it and...., well, you get my drift. It is in my personality makeup. I try to be the friend that one calls upon in time of need. Availing myself to You, your needs are above mine.

Sacrifice possesses an innate yielding. It comes to me naturally. Unfortunately, this is not often appreciated. At times, this degenerates into exploitation by the other party and I withdraw thereafter.

No Ifs, No Buts, No Excuses.

Choices in Life -

What we place in our singular Basket is the result of our conscious decisions.

And it'd better not be a Basket Case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home