Saturday, September 18, 2010

Exceedingly So.

I am a very proud person. This, I'll admit.

I don't mean that in a snobbish or condescending manner but there's a load of pride in me and everything is kept repressed. A large part of my life is spent on ensuring the worms in those numerous cans remain where they are - unseen and unheard.

Even to the closest of confidantes, I'll adopt a carefree stance. Seemingly shrugging off that which bothers me, it will appear that nothing bogs me or is truly signficant enough because on the surface, I am spritely.

I know. I am a good actress.

I find it very difficult impossible to trust anyone fully. Those whom I allow into the deep recesses of my mind often end up betraying me.

In recent years, Someone had managed to do just that - peeled away the layers - and I'd basked in this person's company with confidence that I was protected and safe.

Quite unfortunately, things panned out in the exact fashion as the others, only worse, because I had bestowed a foothold.

Either I'm rather unfortunate or a bad judge of character.

I am what I am, but only if told.
Scratch beneath - nobody knows.
That which I carry, so the story goes,
Of oceans passed and still small shallows.
- Mich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home