Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fragments.

Dear God,
It's me, Mich.
Why, God?

Have I not tried my best to be Good, Upright and Honest?
Have I not lived my life according to Your Word?
Have I not given up the Wrong because it wasn't Right?
Have I not been fastidious in doing the Right Thing?

Why punish me so, God?
Why let the wicked get away while your child suffers?

God, You hear my cries.
Every single night, God.
You know the pain that I carry deep within.
You see how sobbing quivers my frail frame.

Lord, I cry out to You.
Do You hear me?
Why do You punish me for doing the Right Thing?

God, my yoke is heavy.
My burden weighs upon me.
It erodes my sense of worth, my identity and all that stands for Me.

Take him away, God.
I can no longer drag myself any further.

My soul is parched and the wounds are cut deep.
I give up. I don't want to live this Lie any longer.

Dear God, I know you've not abandoned me.
But why, God?

Where is Hope? I do not see it.
Where is Life? I cannot taste it.
Where is ....? Forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home