Monday, October 11, 2010

"To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert,Pensées,1842

I do what I do with immense pride, to a fault.

For the past month, intrepid as it may come across, I'd been shrouded in work, work, and well, work.

So fastidious was I in gearing up pupils for the impending national examination that I'd completely thrown my social calendar (if any) out of the window.

Raking compounded on a daily basis, giving no consideration to the fundamentals in life - Eat, Sleep and Play.

I was working round the clock on one meal a day, dishing out red nibs when darkness cloaked. These would dance across examination scripts and practice papers into the wee hours of the morning.

Naturally, it took a toll on my health - not once, not twice, but thrice; a severe eye infection, lip infection and fever thrived under my faltering immune system.

The breakneck ploughing cumulated moolah, at the rate of 2k+ in a week. This went on for four consecutive weeks. Nary a dime was spent. There was simply no time to.

Was it worth it? No.

There are some things that money just can't buy - Time, Happiness and Health.

Yes, I've learnt My Lesson.

I've taught myself well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home