Monday, November 01, 2010

3 Days.

Friday
I know I've lost you for good this time. You'd reacted swiftly and decisively. A glisten of tears enshrouded but I'd consciously curtailed any notion of going after you.

Sunday
Expecting a nondescript sermon from a guest speaker, the chapter in mention, 1 Kings 18, had a jarring impact. The words in bold exemplify an uncanny parallel to transpired reality.

7 As Obadiah was walking along, Elijah met him. Obadiah recognized him, bowed down to the ground, and said, "Is it really You, my lord Elijah?" 8 "Yes," he replied. "Go tell your master, 'Elijah is here.' "

9 "What have I done wrong," asked Obadiah, "that you are handing your servant over to Ahab to be put to death? 10 As surely as the LORD your God lives, there is not a nation or kingdom where my master has not sent someone to look for you. And whenever a nation or kingdom claimed you were not there, he made them swear they could not find you.

18 "I have not made trouble for Israel," Elijah replied. "But you and your father's family have. You have abandoned the LORD's commands and have followed the Baals.

21 Elijah went before the people and said, "How long will you waver between two opinions? ... But the people said nothing.

As I muddle through unchartered waters, it will be tough. Nary a day would go by without You filling the capricious vacuum within.

It hurts. It really does.

Yet,

Slowly but surely,
This pain will ebb.

It has to.
It must.

Farewell, You.

And Mich, jia you.

"It's not that I won't miss, but I'd have to leave one day.
And when that day comes, ____ doesn't want Mich to die." [ You, 2005 ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home