Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dear God, *choke* Help.



Isaiah 43:18
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past."


Dear God,

Help me to forget the past. Help me not to look back and gnaw on What Ifs. Help me to forget that ___ once made me very Happy. Help me not to be thrown into confusion each time _________ appears or drops a sweet word. Help me not to feel a thing should _____ initiate a sweet gesture. _____ knows me. ______ knows how to talk to me so that I'd let down my guard.

Dear God, I've been pretty Happy lately. I thank You for bestowing Happiness unto me once again. Help me to appreciate what I have and not be affected whenever ___ appears. Help me to get over the bitterness and regrets that have welled up in the past.

I know that according to the trusted people at _________, it would have been a perfect match had it not been for the fact that ____________________. Those words have been swirling within ever since. I ought to have prayed about it before deciding with my carnal mind. I thought I was doing the right thing then. Had I known that ___ was right, perhaps guilt and regret would not have plagued me till this day. Help me not to linger on that notion. Help me not to dwell on past regrets.

I've been running from these people to avoid being associated with ____ and hence, questioned incessantly, as I have been by some of said people. Draw my focus towards servitude towards You, God. Help me not to feel wretched each time a physical reminder pops up at ______. It is where I grew up. I do not wish to leave because of ___ . Help me not to feel anything whenever I catch sight or come into contact with mutual acquaintances.

Dear Lord, I am only human. I try to curtail each emotion and yet, it plagues and festers within. A word still flutters my fragile heart. Help me not to be affected, God - to be stoic and nonchalant.

Slowly but surely, I'd have to be able to face everyone associated with ______. Help me not to feel this terrible gash that rips each time it happens. Cease the painful stab inflicted each time ____ comes into mention. Heal me of this affliction, God.

Above all, God, help me to Choose what is Right in Your sight.

In Jesus' Name I Pray,
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home