Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Know That You Know That I Know.

That's the problem, You and I -
We wield pride with our heads held high.

If You shan't say, so won't I.
Though thoughts unfold and multiply.

I know that You have something to say.
Even though You're miles away.

What is it that stops You from coming clean?
To end these struggles that stir within?

Yes, today, You came to mind.
Of yesteryear we'd left behind.

You came, You sat, You left that Day.
I watched You as You walked away.

Come 2010 and yet it seems
No end in sight for shattered dreams.

What is it that You want from me?
I've reaped nothing but futility.

I know there's something on Your mind.
Notions chew and grate in kind.

You won't tell me. You would not say.
And tarried have I till this day.

You won't let go. You won't hold on.
What am I - just a pawn?

If You would tell, then I would say.
It takes two to clap in this foray.

Alas, it ain't a game to me.
For all I ask is to be Happy.

The Answer is simple - Yes or No.
Don't tell me that You do not know.

I came, I sat, I sighed and cried.
Wretched was I deep inside.

For far too long this has dragged.
Forsaking acrid tongues that wagged.

Enough of Whys. Enough of Ifs.
Curtail each whirling thought that drifts.

What do You want? How would I know?
Why do You not just tell me so?

Come burst of sunrays on the morrow,
Would You bring me joy or sorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home