Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Of These, I Do Not Understand.

I do not understand why
... you'd drop sweet words of fancy unexpectedly.
... you'd come to me when I least expect it.
... you'd surprise me with a sweet gesture or gift and grin.
... you'd thereafter disappear for some time,
... and then reappear when I seem to be moving on with my life.
... you have impeccable timing when it comes to honing in.
... you seem to know what I'm thinking of and where I am.
... coincidences seem to be rife.
... you never let me forget that you exist.
... you'd not let me go and yet, you won't hold on.
... sometimes, you'd be really sweet but then, I'd catch a flicker of anger/bitterness as you look away and that chills me.

Who are You?
Do I really know You?

You know where You stand, but where is my place?

Hence, why do you entice me if it serves no eventual purpose?

Are You doing this to pay me back in my own coin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home